These homemade raspberry muffins are a family favorite any time of the year. We absolutely love this recipe. I mean, why buy store made muffins when it is this easy to make your own fresh muffins at home?
You can make these fluffy raspberry muffins bursting with fresh berries picked straight from your local berry farm or with a bag of frozen raspberries from your grocery store. Either way, these Homemade Raspberry Muffins will be a hit.
Homemade muffins are a staple in our busy household. I always love having a fresh batch of muffins at the ready for a quick breakfast on the run or as a light afternoon snack when that midday hunger kicks in.
We usually alternate these raspberry muffins with our all-time favorite Blueberry Muffins or Berry Turnovers. Blueberries and raspberries are my absolute favorites, but you could easily adapt this recipe with your favorite fruit, or toss in a bit of dried fruit and nuts for a completely different taste and texture.
Some of our favorite baking tools for this recipe…
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups frozen raspberries
- 6 tsp coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line muffin cups with parchment muffin liners, or lightly coat with unsalted butter or cooking spray.
- Combine milk and vinegar in a measuring cup. Stir and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. Milk will thicken or curdle, effectively making buttermilk.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, combine brown sugar, white sugar, butter, egg, vanilla and milk/vinegar in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the dry mix until just combined, do not overmix.
- Fold in the frozen raspberries
- Scoop the muffin mixture into each cup, filling it to the top of the liner.
- Top each muffin with ½ tsp coarse sugar.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425F and then reduce temperature to 350 and bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
I hope you enjoy these muffins and we would love to hear what your favorite homemade muffin recipe is!