Fall is just around the corner and as the last warm days of summer pass us by I thought I would enjoy one of my favorite summer salads.
One of the best things about summer is the light, flavourful salads that accompany a spur of the moment picnic, barbeque at the cottage or family potluck. There are so many options when it comes to salads: pasta, bean, leafy greens, the possibilities are endless!
I threw together this delicious Greek pasta salad for dinner tonight. It’s a light and refreshing meal for a warm day. And there is nothing better than tomatoes, olives and feta. Yum! I used gluten-free pasta, it held up really well and tasted delicious.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fusilli pasta (I used Barilla gluten-free pasta)
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the pasta until al dente, about 6 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk all of the dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- Combine the pasta, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion and olives. Top with feta and dressing. Season with salt and pepper.