This post contains affiliate links, see our full disclosure policy here.
Thank you for helping support our blog.
Our living room is one of those spaces I have really struggled with. It has taken a lot of trial and error, but I feel as if I have finally created an inviting space for our family to enjoy. A room that is practical and fits beautifully with our modern farmhouse style. We reconfigured the layout to create a better flow between rooms in our main living space and brought in a beautiful slipcovered sofa and chair, vintage wash rug and woven wood shades. The color palette remains neutral while bringing in interest and texture with lots of cozy throws, pillows and natural wood elements, like the wicker baskets on the wall.
We also added a layered gallery wall above the couch. This is definitely one of our most asked about projects in our home, and so I have included the sizes of the frames for those who are interested.
get the look
living room sources
- Wall color – Collingwood by Benjamin Moore
- Sofa – Joss and Main
- Arm chair – Joss and Main
- Navy & cream ticking stripe pillows – Studio Pillows
- Cream pillow – HomeSense/ HomeGoods (similar)
- Industrial pipe side table – Tutorial
- Glass lamps – Ikea (similar)
- White frames – Ikea
- Island print & frame – Minted
- Horse print – Minted
- Abstract painting – DIY (tutorial)
- Blanket ladder – Bare Birch (similar)
- White dresser – Vintage
- Coffee table – Tutorial
- Floor lamp – Ikea
- Herringbone throw – Birch Lane
- Baskets on wall – Vintage / Michaels (similar)
- Cream pouf – Walmart
- Curtains – Ikea
- Woven wood shades (Beaches | Sands) – Blindsgalore
- Rug – Plush Rugs