These homemade raspberry muffins are a family favorite any time of the year.
You can make these fluffy raspberry muffins bursting with fresh berries picked straight from your local berry farm or with a bag of frozen raspberries from your grocery store. Either way, these Homemade Raspberry Muffins will be a hit.
Homemade muffins are a staple in our busy household. I always love having a fresh batch of muffins at the ready for a quick breakfast on the run or as a light afternoon snack when that midday hunger kicks in.
We usually alternate these raspberry muffins with my all-time favorite blueberry muffins (get the recipe here). Blueberries and raspberries are my absolute favorites, but you could easily adapt this recipe with your favorite fruit, or toss in a bit of dried fruit and nuts for a completely different taste and texture.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups frozen raspberries
- 6 tsp coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line muffin cups with parchment muffin liners, or lightly coat with unsalted butter or cooking spray.
- Combine milk and vinegar in a measuring cup. Stir and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. Milk will thicken or curdle, effectively making buttermilk.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, combine brown sugar, white sugar, butter, egg, vanilla and milk/vinegar in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the dry mix until just combined, do not overmix.
- Fold in the frozen raspberries
- Scoop the muffin mixture into each cup, filling it to the top of the liner.
- Top each muffin with ½ tsp coarse sugar.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425F and then reduce temperature to 350 and bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
Some of our favorite baking tools for this recipe…
I hope you enjoy these muffins and we would love to hear what your favorite homemade muffin recipe is!